Figures on the rates of crime in London are increasing dramatically every single year and there are influential risk factors in children's lives that increase the chances they will develop severe health and aggressive behaviour problems as they grow older.
Equally and even more importantly, there are protective factors that help to protect young people from problems in circumstances that would otherwise put them at risk.
Reasons for sudden behavioural changes:
• failure to attend school and poor exam results,
• School-age pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases;
Or become involved in:
• Misuse of drugs;
• Violence and crime from a young age
- Low achievement beginning in primary school;
- Aggressive behaviour, including bullying;
- Lack of commitment, including truancy;
- School disorganisation.
- Disadvantaged neighbourhood;
- Community disorganisation and neglect;
- Availability of drugs;
- High turnover and lack of neighbourhood attachment.
- Alienation and lack of social commitment;
- Attitudes that condone problem behaviour;
- Early involvement in problem behaviour;
- Friends involved in problem behaviour
- Westminster -The crime hotspots of Westminster are: St James's, Marlybone High Street, Bryanston and Dorset Square and Hyde Park.
- Islington- The areas to steer clear of are Finsbury Park, Caledonian and Highbury West.
- Kensington and Chelsea- Brompton and Earl's Court.
- Camden- Highest crime areas to stay vigilant in are: Holbron and Covent Garden, Camden Town and Primrose Hill, Bloomsbury, Regent's Park and King's Cross.
- Hackney- areas to avoid: Hoxton and Hackney Central.
- Lambeth- Highest rates of crime in Lambeth: Clapham Town, Oval, Bishop's and St Leonard's.
- Tower Hamlets- he highest areas of crime in Tower Hamlets are Spitalfields and Banglatown, Weavers, Whitechapel ,Bethnal Green North and South and Millwall.
- Hammersmith and Fulham- The worst areas of crime are: Shepherd's Bush Green and Hammersmith Broadway.
- Southwark- Areas to not visit:Cathedrals, The Lane, Chaucer,Grange, East Walworth and Camberwell Green
- Newham- areas to avoid: Beckton, East ham central, Stratford and newtown.